[TriLUG] Installing Linux

Jesus M. Rodriguez jmrodri at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 13:01:08 EDT 2005

I'm not sure upgrading RHL 7.3 with FC4 is a good option.  They are
several releases apart and many things have changed including
kernel 2.6, udev, SELinux, etc.  I tried upgrading from RHL 7 to FC3 and
that failed miserably.  I went with the clean install route.

To erase the partition, simply boot from the FC4 CD, and choose to
ERASE all Linux partitions. (make sure you do NOT select upgrade).

Then install the packages you want, and enjoy.   I can't comment on
Ubuntu as I have never tried it.

jesus