[TriLUG] Spamassassin bayesian filter question

Michael Alan Dorman mdorman at debian.org
Mon Aug 8 09:53:47 EDT 2005

jonc <jonc at nc.rr.com> writes:
> The concept behind Rulesdujour is that you don't *need* to run Bayesian
> filters anymore... Rulesdujour becomes your Baysian filter - adjusting
> to the spam as a whole on the internet.
>   http://www.exit0.us/index.php?pagename=RulesDuJour
>
> Your best bet would be to add back to the RulesDuJour project
>   http://www.rulesemporium.com/

I would have to disagree with this, as do the authors of most of the
rules that RDJ downloads.  From http://www.rulesemporium.com/:

  3. Many spam can be caught using Bayes, and we strongly recommend
     the use of Bayes in any/all SpamAssassin systems. SARE rules are
     designed to compliment Bayes, not replace it.

Mike
--
The piano is firewood, Times Square is a dream -- Tom Waits