[TriLUG] BSD users?

Craig Duncan craigduncan at nc.rr.com
Wed Aug 10 10:49:58 EDT 2005

Tom Eisenmenger wrote:

> Good points, Aaron.  Of course, I wasn't expecting the same quality of
> desktop experience with BSD as I get with Apple (although that would
> be nice).  It did occur to me that the two might be very similar at
> the CLI level, however.
>
> Tom
>
> Aaron S. Joyner wrote:

I am not so sure that will be the case. I have just recently purchased a
mac mini and I have an old laptop running FreeBSD (X/KDE) and see a lot
of differences. DesktopBSD looks like a much easier and user friendly
way of getting a BSD/KDE desktop than using BSD's ports or compiling
from source. What I do like about FreeBSD on a desktop is that it
requires less resources to run (w/X+KDE) than most modern Linux
distro's, so older hardware can still be put to good use. If you have an
old box to try it on, I would like to hear your thoughts

Craig