[TriLUG] OT: Palm Zire 71 photos w/ linux?

Andrew Perrin clists at perrin.socsci.unc.edu
Fri Aug 12 10:36:14 EDT 2005

Has anyone managed to get photos from another source to view on a Palm
device? Specifically, I'd like to take digital pictures I have on my
machine and view them from the SD card on my Zire 71.

The Palm support site suggests that if I convert them to 320x320 and copy
them to the SD card in the DCIM directory, I can view them in the photos
application. But when I do so using:

convert orig.jpg -resize 320x320 /mnt/sdcard/dcim/pic.jpg

the photo app says it can't open the picture because "there was a problem
with the picture".

Any advice?

Thanks,
Andy