[TriLUG] Yum repositories

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Sat Aug 13 19:54:01 EDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-08-13 at 13:43 -0400, uzoma nwosu wrote:
> I like this strategy you've laid out, Ed. But why should anyone use
> livna at all?  I know it's about choice but the dag camp seems to have
> more packages anyway.  I just switched to dag, kde-redhat, and
> freshrpms and removed any livna packages that caused conflict.  I
> upgrade everything and haven't had any problems.

Hi Uzoma,

If that works for you, then good deal!

And speaking of turning on/off various RPM repos, heres a helpful little
shell script:

  http://fedoranews.org/mediawiki/index.php/Setting_up_YUM_for_FC4

that comes complete with *plenty* of documentation.  ;-)

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
             Cambridge, MA 02139-4307