[TriLUG] Ubuntu stuff

Dan dan at daijin.dissimulo.com
Mon Aug 15 19:16:34 EDT 2005

crimsun at fungus.sh.nu wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 15, 2005 at 06:13:06PM -0400, Dan wrote:
>
>>http://ubuntuguide.org/
>>
>>Might be stuff you know... but if not you should.
>

> Please don't recommend the ubuntuguide.org URL to unsuspecting victims
> of poorly explained procedure. There is work on a full-fledged FAQ that
> covers all those topics; please contribute/refer to it instead. Ask in
> #ubuntu or #ubuntu-motu for details (or use the 'ubotu' blootbot by
> entering "!ubuntuguide").

please don't ask me to correct a heartfelt recommendation based on your
personal and biased experience.  I have followed the guidelines of that
site with great success.  I correctly assume that the readers of this
list have more than a modicum of experience with regards to GNU/Linux
and its distributions. They can decide for themselves if the
instructions presented are wise to follow.

Adding the fonts is *still* pretty.

BTW: to steering committee... WTF?