[TriLUG] essential Linux skills?

unctux unctux at nc.rr.com
Tue Aug 16 12:17:19 EDT 2005

>On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 12:06:59 -0400 Douglass Davis
<douglass_davis at hotmail.com> wrote.
 If some one told you that they knew about Linux, what would be some
essential skills that you would expect them to have, or things you would
expect them to know.  I don't mean expert level Linux knowledge but just
intermediate.  </P>
><P>This message is especially for those of you who have ever hired some one
for a position involving Linux.</P>
href="http://www.douglassdavis.com/">http://www.douglassdavis.com/</A></P>
><DIV></DIV></div></html>

my guess would be: can they do a proper install, can they navigate the
filesystem, do they know what certain directories are for, how to tar and
untar, how to install and uninstall rpm files, know when or not to be root
for certain things, how to create directories and files....that is just some
of my thoughts anyone else feel free to add to or take away.....
MICHAEL MASSEY
BIOS TEST DEPT
IBM/LENOVO

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.