[TriLUG] essential Linux skills?

Jimmy Dorff jdorff at nortel.com
Tue Aug 16 13:58:31 EDT 2005

Are you teaching Linux user / application developer or Linux system
administration ?  Both really need to start with a general UNIX
proficiency.  I'll put in a plug for my alma mater and recommend this
paper by Dr. Burg:
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&ct=res&cd=1&url=http%3A//www.cs.wfu.edu/%7Eburg/papers/UnixTutorials.pdf&ei=LCgCQ-CqLIug-gG-wrzzAg

For system administration, I would encourage you too look at the LPI
certification skills section.  It's a nice, well rounded list of topics
and is not distribution specific.  http://www.lpi.org/en/obj_101.html