[TriLUG] Another idea for triwiki

Christopher L Merrill chris at webperformanceinc.com
Wed Aug 17 13:56:47 EDT 2005

Joseph Tate wrote:
> Ed, mediawiki is a temporary measure until a real wiki is implemented.
>  I hope to do this within the next few weeks.  We've already had to
> kill a number of wiki spams though.

Have y'all considered something beyond a wiki, like Plone or Drupal?

I evaluated Drupal for my own server and was quite impressed with it.
It was easy to install (on FC3) and seemed like it is supported by a
very active community. Drupal is all about publishing content.  Besides
categorization and authorization, there are also approval rules that can
be imposed, if desired.  I am not sure of any user can be allowed to
edit a published document (didn't look because I didn't need that
feature), but users can be allowed to post comments on articles.

Just a suggestion.

Chris Merrill                  |  http://www.webperformanceinc.com
Web Performance Inc.

Website Load Testing and Stress Testing Software