[TriLUG] Good EasyShare references?

Brian Henning brian at strutmasters.com
Tue Aug 23 11:49:29 EDT 2005

Hi Folks,
   I've got a couple different Kodak EasyShare digital cams at work here
(a CX4310 and a CX7300).  I've got the USB cable and so forth.  When I
plug in the camera, it shows up in /proc/bus/usb/devices.  However, I
can't seem to talk to it.  lsmod doesn't appear to show any related
modules, either (I'm expecting to see something related to "ptp," which
is what the Kodak cameras use).  I've installed gphoto2 as well as gtkam
using apt-get install.  I'm not sure what I'm missing.  If anyone could
give me some pointers, or direct me toward a good resource (cursory
googling has failed me so far.. lots of information that says "use ptp"
but not "how to use ptp"), I'd surely appreciate it.

Muchas gracias!

~Brian