[TriLUG] Multiple external IP addresses from DSL provider

John-David Henderson jd at savagegeek.com
Wed Aug 24 14:16:48 EDT 2005

Thank you Ken

JD Henderson
<http://www.landemonium.com>
email - jd at savagegeek.com
mobile - 919-649-5589

________________________________

From: trilug-bounces at trilug.org on behalf of Ken Mink
Sent: Wed 8/24/2005 2:04 PM
To: Triangle Linux Users Group discussion list
Subject: Re: [TriLUG] Multiple external IP addresses from DSL provider

On 8/24/05, John-David Henderson <jd at savagegeek.com> wrote:
> Have a question for anybody that can answer it.
>

> I currently have 5 public IP addresses from Bellsouth DSL business.
>

> I wanted to know if I could setup 5 IP addresses to one physical
>
> network external interface on Debian, or RedHat?

I am currently doing that here with RedHat. It's easy.

Go to /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts and copy the config file for your
external interface, say ifcfg-eth0, to ifcfg-eth0:1. Then edit it to
use the correct IP address and device(eth0:1). Now you just ifup
eth0:1.

You'll have to adjust your firewall rules accordingly.

> Also, if anybody knows, how would I do this with a Cisco router
>
> with an interface being called Dialer 1.

Someone else will have to help you there. Sorry.

> Thank you in advance.
>

> JD Henderson
> <http://www.landemonium.com>
> email - jd at savagegeek.com