[TriLUG] Message Threads

Lee Fickenscher elfick at mac.com
Thu Aug 25 11:57:00 EDT 2005

I'd just like to shoot out a quick request that if you start a new
discussion thread that has no relation to a previous thread, please
do so using a completely new email rather than just replying to a

Replying to a previous thread and changing the subject messes up the
nice threading that many email clients have as they rely on headers
other than the subject to thread discussions.

I'm not trying to start a flamewar or point fingers and I'm certainly
not trying to be judgmental. I assume that people just don't realize
what effect this has and I'm trying to spread a little knowledge. If
you do know the effect this has and do it anyway... Quit being so
lazy :)

-Lee