[TriLUG] MIS degrees (was Re: OT: Certifications - Education)

William Sutton william at trilug.org
Mon Aug 29 16:42:15 EDT 2005

Yeah....I knew a fella with an MIS degree from Auburn who referred to
"JavaScript" as "Java."  I routinely wanted to strangle him for saying it.

In my opinion, MIS is a business management degree with enough computer
training to make someone dangerous to their company.  Either then need a
proper management training program (is their such a thing?) or a proper
computer science/engineering/systems degree.

the amount of training/experience someone has in a subject is (in my
opinion) inversely proportional to their danger when attempting to
practice in that subject.  for example, half educated => twice the danger.

--
William Sutton