[TriLUG] EVEN MORE OT: Certifications - Education

D. McLamb dmclamb at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 20:26:57 EDT 2005

Coming out of lurksville to chime in on that one - two degrees in music here
and I've been doing IT stuff full time since '99.

During college, there quite a few folks such as myself that enjoyed both
technology/computers and music. Then again, there were quite a few more that
cared not for IT.

Guess which ones I hung out with? :)

On 8/29/05, Jim Ray <jim at neuse.net> wrote:

> i'm glad i know where to send my resume. long live rock. feedback from
> vacuum tubes suits me better than feedback from reality, though :-) at
> one point in time, 100% of our band worked in IT or in an IT related
> field.
>
> >Mathematicians don't come cheap though so I usually end
> >up hiring/training their left-handed counterparts: Musicians.
> >
> >Musicians are constantly moving ideas into reality, and using the
> >feedback from reality to refine their ideas or music. Not that all
> >IT-guys make good musicians, but musicians have always (in my
> >experience) been able to successfully make the leap into IT.
> >
> >Jon
> > when I'm leftward leaning I'm: Hib
> > when I'm feeling conservative: Kpm

Cheers.