[TriLUG] Move mailman lists

jonc jonc at nc.rr.com
Fri Sep 2 19:42:01 EDT 2005

Is the new server going to have the same domain name as the old server?
If so then simply copy over the old Mailman install to the new server
and then upgrade the install directly on the server. It should work
fine.

Just be sure you get all the pieces :-). If you have any mods in Postfix
or Sendmail that help integrate virtual domains better with Mailman then
you'll have to add those yourself (unless the upgrade handles that for
you).

I wrote an FAQ on this a few years back that went into painful detail
but it was designed for folks moving from 2.0.x to 2.1.x

Good Luck,

Jon Carnes