[TriLUG] Re: November suggestion

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 13:42:44 EDT 2005

On 9/7/05, Tanner Lovelace <clubjuggler at gmail.com> wrote:

> Jeff Waugh (Ubuntu, libATA, a *BUNCH* of other stuff) will be visiting
> the USA in November and is looking for places to go. He says:

One correction to note. In the very late night when I posted this, I
apparently mixed up slightly Jeff Waugh and Jeff Garzik. So, to
clear up some confusion, Jeff Garzik is the person responsible for
libATA and Jeff Waugh is the person involved with Ubuntu (and Gnome
and Debian too). Jeff Waugh, of Ubuntu, is the one we're trying
to convince to come visit TriLUG.

One question. It may not be possible for him to guarantee being
here on our normal Thursday night meeting night. If he were able
to come, but not on that night, how many people would be willing
to come to a special event, setup just for that? Note that I'm
not suggesting that the special event happen instead of the regular
TriLUG meeting, but in addition to. We've done this a few times
before (for Eben Moglen and Eric Raymond) and had good success
with it, so I think we could do it. We'd probably need to find a location,
though, so if you've got leads there, e-mail me directly (and CC the
Steering Committee [which, remember, I'm no longer a member of :) ]).

Finally, note that I'm trying to get 100 different people posting to my
petition at http://members.trilug.org/~lovelace/wordpress/?p=1
So, if you haven't done so yet, please go to that web page and
post a comment in support of Jeff Waugh coming to visit us.
I'd really appreciate it. (Here, I'll make it easy for you and put
the link on it's own line :-)

http://members.trilug.org/~lovelace/wordpress/?p=1

Cheers,
Tanner