[TriLUG] sendmail problem

mark at thefowles.com mark at thefowles.com
Thu Sep 8 11:25:41 EDT 2005

I am not sure if it's a sendmail or MailScanner problem - I am running
8.12.8 of sendmail and MailScanner version 4.45.4-1 --  When I start
MailScanner, I get the sendmail que for /var/spool/mqueue  -- but nothing
for the second queue (owned by smmsp) /var/spool/clientmqueue ----  What
ends up happening is mail comes in, then all the user gets is 2 bytes and
a corrupted Inbox (the mail message is gone) --

I am not sure if permissions got messed up or something else broke...

Other than dropping it all and going Postfix....  :-)  Anyone have any
clue as to where I might look to fix this?  I've googled and not found
anything matching this.

Thanks,
Mark

believed to be clean.