[TriLUG] tv tuner cards

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 12:30:52 EDT 2005

On 9/8/05, unctux at nc.rr.com <unctux at nc.rr.com> wrote:
> Anyone know of the best tv tuner card to get for linux? Or by the same
> token any specific cards to stay away from. I have a few ideas but I
> thought I would take advantage of the resources we all have available to
> us and get some ideas from the group.

If you are going to be interested in HD you might want to take a look
at the pcHDTV 3000.  http://www.pchdtv.com/  it seems to handle
standard analog NTSC as well as OTA HD.  It also does NOT implement
the broadcast flag. They were going to stop selling this back in July
(IIRC) when the FCC requirement ot support the broadcast flag was set
to go into effect, but because of a court decision it's still on the
market.

http://www.eff.org/IP/Video/HDTV/