[TriLUG] Linux Digital Audo Workstation and Control surfaces

Roy Vestal rvestal at trilug.org
Sat Sep 10 21:34:53 EDT 2005

I am setting up a Linux DAW and want to run a Control surface for Ardour
and Audacity. I'm looking at the Tascam US-2400 or FW-1884 with an FE-8
expansion. I've googled till my eyes literally hurt. I'm trying to find
if JackIt/ALSA or something will allow either of these, or the Mackie
equivalents, to control the software. I don't wanna have to go to XP
purely because my controller isn't supported.

TIA
Roy