[TriLUG] Linux on Dell Latitude D610

Matt Pusateri mpusateri at wickedtrails.com
Mon Sep 12 08:58:30 EDT 2005

On Sun, September 11, 2005 11:41 pm, Steve Hoffman said:
> Anyone have sound working on a D610 notebook?  I'm running FC4 and
> have everything else working including bluetooth, but I can't get
> sound!   I've seen a few sites that say the volume is muted by
> default, but I've tried everything they suggested and still nothing.
> Any pointers would be wonderful.
>
> Thanks,
> Steve

Yes,  I don't remember what link I used to determine do this, nor do I
remember what all I had to do.  I set this up on another laptop first
at work, I'll try to get access to it I'm sure I bookmarked the links.

Anyhow my modprobe.conf looks like this if it helps

# options snd-card-0 index=0
# options snd-intel8x0 index=0
# remove snd-intel8x0 { /usr/sbin/alsactl store 0 >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
; }; /sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove snd-intel8x0
alias usb-controller ehci-hcd
alias usb-controller1 uhci-hcd

# ALSA portion
alias char-major-116 snd