[TriLUG] server install

unctux at nc.rr.com unctux at nc.rr.com
Wed Sep 14 14:13:40 EDT 2005

If anyone has any helpful hints please feel free to pass them forward.
Tonight I am going to dive into new waters. I am going to, after many
years of desktop installs, attempt to install SUSE 9.3 on an ibm x346
server, with 4(150GB EACH) scsi drives that were previously set up as
raid5 with windows before i got it, and to add to the degree of
difficulty I have never had to luxury of dealing with installs on scsi
controllers. This is a monster machine, 600 GB, dual processors(although
only one is installed at this moment)3.4 Xeon, 1GB RAM with 7 more slots
to fill. So if anyone has any helpful hints I am all ears, or if you
would like to wait for the "cries for help" to come in that is fine
also, b/c I am sure they are forthcoming.

LINUX==LIVE OR DIE!!!!!!!