[TriLUG] Mozilla Thunderbird Extensions - How Do I Get Involved?

Randall Barlow rpbarlow at eos.ncsu.edu
Sun Sep 18 20:39:05 EDT 2005

I was trying to add a message filter in Thunderbird to forward e-mails
that match certain criteria to someone, and found that this is not an
option.  So I searched the available extensions, and found that none
were available.  So I'm thinking of making a contribution, but I've
never done anything like this before (I am somewhat experienced in C++
and very experienced in Java, but I've never tried to write something to
collaborate with someone else's software).
    Could anyone offer advice on how to get started, who to contact, or
just any similar experiences you've had?  Linux to me isn't just about
taking the free software, but it's about making a contribution back to
the community, and this might be one way I could help :)

Randy Barlow