[TriLUG] steering committee vacancy

John F. Davis davis at trilug.org
Tue Sep 20 13:59:40 EDT 2005

On Mon, Sep 19, 2005 at 11:54:46PM -0400, Ralph Blach wrote:
> I nominate John Davis.
>
> Chip
>
> Jason Tower wrote:
> >i've recently been informed that our own aaron joyner is moving to
> >california to run for governor (or some other job something beginning
> >with a "g"), which means we'll soon have a vacancy on the steering
> >committee.  the timing is a little tight, but i think we can squeeze in
> >a quick election at the june meeting.

<stuff snipped>

Hello Folks,

I am happy to be nominated again.  Hopefully this time I might get elected. LOL

I am a big fan of Trilug and even though I am not very active on the mailing
list, I truly enjoy #trilug on openprojects.

My qualifications:

	o  Have been active in trilug since the beginning.  My first meeting
was actually in the Glonges (spelling?) house when we were planning our
participation for the UNC Tech Expo back in 1999 or 2000? Its been such a long
time I can't really remember.

	o  I write linux driver and app code for a living.  I have been using
Linux since 1994 maybe.  My first distro was Ygdrasill (spelling?).  I prefer
Debian and have been using it since 2000 as my distro of choice.  I use it
on my website http://www.skink.net.  I have kept that site up and safe from
script kiddies since that time as well.

	o  I have some cool photos of germany online
at http://www.trilug.org/~davis  In fact, it was Linux which enabled me
to work there.  Even though I will not be in the states for 6 months, I think
I can still participate online.

Even if I do not win the election, it is an honor to be nominated.  I know some
of the other candidates and its quite nice to be included with them in the
same category.

JD