[TriLUG] steering committee vacancy

Joel Ebel jbebel at ncsu.edu
Tue Sep 20 15:07:39 EDT 2005

If you were running for the SC of a racing club people would probably
want to know what kind of car you drive.  They might like to know some
of your history and experience racing too.  I don't think it's any
different.  Linux distro, like car choice, can tell you a lot about a
candidate.  It's sort of like a political party.  Someone who choses
Debian likely values the software freedom movement.  Someone who uses
Slackware (like myself) probably enjoys the details and fundamentals of
how the OS operates.  Someone who runs Gentoo probably likes optimizing
things.  Someone who runs Mandrake probably is drawn to good user
interfaces.  Someone who runs Ubuntu probably is interested in trying
new things since they recently dropped whatever their latest favorite
distro was in favor of the new kid on the block.  There's plenty more
one can derive, but those are a few examples.

Joel