[TriLUG] steering committee vacancy

Matt Frye mattfrye at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 16:23:20 EDT 2005

On 9/20/05, Joel Ebel <jbebel at ncsu.edu> wrote:
> If you were running for the SC of a racing club people would probably
> want to know what kind of car you drive.

Thanks Tanner and Joel.  I appreciate your responses.  While I
understand that one can derive more information about a candidate from
what distro they use, I fail to see how that is germane to being an
effective member of the steering committee.

Whether a candidate uses Debian, Fedora, Gentoo, Uhooplah, or  "AOL
Linux for Windows ME" doesn't make any candidate any more qualified to
fulfill the duties of a steering committee position.  What it does, is
present new and interesting ways to divide us.

MPF