[TriLUG] OT: Education

Mark Freeze mfreeze at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 10:26:49 EDT 2005

Shane,
 I'll bet you that Dell or Jordan didn't say things like "Set your goals
lower so you can exceed them." and "I'll never be one of the best... I'll
just do the best I can."
 I'm in no position to give advice to anyone. There are many, MANY things
that I could do differently in my life. However I can tell you that if you
think that aiming for the middle (which I meant as a joke) is a good life
strategy you are sorely mistaken.
 Set your goals low so you can exceed them? Admit to yourself that you'll
never, ever be one of the best? Not even close to the top - Big deal? I may
not have all of the answers but Shane, I'll guarantee you this: If this is
your attitude then you are right. You'll never be at the top.
 Love,
Mark.