[TriLUG] OT: Education

Doug_Newcomb at fws.gov Doug_Newcomb at fws.gov
Mon Sep 26 13:43:56 EDT 2005

 Shane O'Donnell said:
>P.S.  Put LINUX in our school computer labs!!!  The price is right &
>the technology is sound/appropriate.  (wanted to make the post
>relevant for the list...)
Actually,
      I've help my son's charter school set up K12LTSP Linux network in the
computer lab, and the rest of the school is Using a samba PDC ( with
windows 2000 clients with openoffice 2 beta2) .  With a combination of NIS,
NFS and samba, everything authenticates off of the Samba pdc and the home
directories are available inside and outside of the lab. ( I haven't been
able to dig into openldap yet, sorry)

      Still a few rough edges, but not a big functional and getting better.

Doug

Doug Newcomb
USFWS
Raleigh, NC
919-856-4520 ext. 14 doug_newcomb at fws.gov

The opinions I express are my own and are not representative of the
official policy of the U.S.Fish and Wildlife Service or Dept. of Interior.
I left my signature file in /dev/null