[TriLUG] Help with a project.

Mark Freeze mfreeze at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 12:50:06 EDT 2005

I run a small business in North Raleigh, north of 540 and on the other side
of Capital and I have a project that I'd like help with. I need to
re-network a couple of three Windows computers, a wireless router, and 5
printers. I'd also like someone to take a look at my dell printer and get
the scanning function going. Last, but certainly not least, I need a box set
up where I can use it as a storage device, a web, ftp and mail server, and a
Windows PDC for the other 3 machines.I also need to run PHP and MySql from
this box. I really don't care what o/s the server uses, but I'd prefer
either Mandrake or CentOS, or maybe one of these ClarkConnect boxes that
I've heard everyone talk about, or Kubuntu if it as easy as everyone says
that it is... (Something that I can use without a big learning curve.)
 I have a plan in mind and could do all of this myself but it's only me and
another person that work here and I have very, very little time to fool
around with anything. I just have to get it running and move on.
 So, I'd like someone who has had experience doing these kind of things:
 1. Wiring for the best configuration with what I've got.
2. Samba.
3. Dynamic DNS.
3. Setting up a small server.
4. Configuring web, ftp, and mail services.
 If you are interested, and could come to my business on a Thursday or
Friday - even this Thursday or Friday, you and I could knock this out very
quickly. (We run our machinery on Mon, Tue and Wed so I would not be
available to help out on those days.) We are open from 7am to 5pm, but this
Friday I have a meeting from 8:30 to 11:00.
 Send me an email off list if you are interested. Also, let me know what you
think you might charge.
 Regards,
Mark.