[TriLUG] Slightly OT:Vonage vs. TWC Phone Service

John Berninger johnw at berningeronline.net
Thu Oct 6 11:30:05 EDT 2005

I've been using Vonage for about 2 years now, and I've had no problems
whatsoever.  I even had decent call quality when I was in Manila for 3
1/2 months - much better than Manila landlines were, actually.  I've
never had to put the Vonage box in front of my firewall (I use an
iptables fw), it's always been quite happy inside my fw, and the web
interface and ability to get my voicemails emailed to me as .wav files
is great.

I've never tried the TWC voip service, as I despise giving TWC any money
whatsoever, and I'm even a bit miffed that I have to pay them so they
can pay Earthlink for my Earthlink broadband service.

--
John Berninger

GPG Key ID: A8C1D45C
        Fingerprint: B1BB 90CB 5314 3113 CF22  66AE 822D 42A8 A8C1 D45C

Ita erat quando hic adveni.