[TriLUG] Boot ubuntu from floppy?

David McDowell turnpike420 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 16:58:56 EDT 2005

nice Daniel!  And, if that doesn't work off the floppy, but you can
get Red Hat installed on the machine via floppy method, then do a
minimal RH install, then setup using those files from Daniel's link
and do this:

http://www.turnpike420.net/linux/pxe_image_boot.txt

You should be able to boot and do a completely new install that way if
those files don't get you a bootable floppy that will read your USB
CDROM.  I suppose that still relies on the setup's ability to read a
USB CDROM though.  :)

I'd also recommend you find a pcmcia NIC so you can do this a bit
easier, and it will allow you to more easily stay current with
updates.  I guess it all depends on your purpose for this machine.
Good luck!

David McD