[TriLUG] Can't copy files to floppy

B C bc81982 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 13:59:47 EDT 2005

The write protection tab on the floppy is not set. I also notice that
not only the floppy is changed to read-only file system, the flash
memory USB drive is also changed to read-only as well. They both were
mounted with -t vfat.
BTW, can anyone tell me why once a while all my icons, like,  my
computer, cdrrom, etc., disappeared from my desktop. Is there any
command that I can get them back without rebooting the sys.
Thanks,
-bill