[TriLUG] Downloading Ubuntu

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 12:47:45 EDT 2005

So, since today is Breezy Badger day, and since I'm going to need to
rebuild my laptop after the hard drive died anyway, I decided to
download the isos.  I figured that bittorent might do well since the
files should be pretty popular so there should be quite a few peers to
share with.

As I type this I'm about 2:30 into downloading the i386 install ISO
with another 2:30 estimated to go.

I'm also downloading the live-cd which started about 5 minutes later
and has 1:40 estimated to go.

I'm wondering if any other tri-luggers were doing the same and what
kind of performance they were seeing.

I'll probably also download the kubuntu breezy isos as well, although
I intend to install ubuntu and then apt-get the kubuntu additions.
Unlike some others (Tanner?) I don't mind having gnome as well as kde
installed.

--
Rick DeNatale

Visit the Project Mercury Wiki Site