[TriLUG] Sendmail problem

Jeff Groves jgroves at krenim.org
Fri Oct 14 00:53:44 EDT 2005

It may be a timeout issue waiting for your sendmail daemon to decide
whether or not it wants to accept email from those sites or not.

Are you using any DNS Blackhole Lists?

If so, are you using any of the blackholes.us lists?

If so, then that's probably the problem.  The blackholes.us DNSBLs seem
to have collapsed.

If you're not using blackholes.us DNSBLs, then maybe one of the others
that you are using has going Tango Uniform on you.  Check each one out
and remove any questionable ones from your sendmail.mc.  Make your
sendmail.cf and restart sendmail and see if the email can get through
after that...

The only other thing that I can think of is if you have
FEATURE(`greet_pause', '<milli-seconds>') enabled, that might be a
problem for that one mailer.  In your equivalent of the RedHat/Fedora
Core /etc/mail directory, edit your /etc/mail/access file, add this line
to remove the greet pause for the ailing mailer:

   GreetPause:asce.org          0

and then build your access.db and then... maybe restart sendmail.

Thanks,

Jeff G.

--
Jeff Groves