[TriLUG] Squirrel Mail [pro/con]

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 17:18:15 EDT 2005

On 10/15/05, John Broome <jbroome at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/15/05, Jason White <jason at jw2.org> wrote:
> > Also, RoundCube Webmail, although currently beta, looks very promising
> > as a squirrelmail replacement.   It's also php, and an easy install...
>
> And needs a sql backend.  ewww.
>
> I like SM.  it's easy to install.  even for me!

It's for address book and preferences.  It's not that big
of a deal.  It can even use SQLite so there's no need for
MySQL.

That said, RoundCube isn't quite ready for prime time yet,
but it does show great promise.  It currently hangs on
SSL imap and has problems with LARGE mailboxes,
but those problems should be addressed sometime soon.
It definitely bears watching.

Cheers,
Tanner
--