[TriLUG] Video capture and burn (to DVD)

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 09:08:58 EST 2005

On 10/31/05, Roy Vestal <rvestal at trilug.org> wrote:
> Well I've been doing a little research. It appears that I want a
> Conexant 2388x chip based card for my PC vs. a bt848/bt878 chip based card.
>
> I'm looking at the KWorld DV/AV 883 card and the AverMedia DVD EZMaker
> PCI card. Both do SVideo in and Audio in. My camera is an old Sony
> CCD-TR-81 (Hi8).
>
> The other thing I'm looking at is replacing my camera with a Sony
> CCD-TR280. This camera supposedly reads my Hi8 tapes and I can convert
> them right there and input. Then I'm recording Digital8 instead of Hi8.
>
> Any recommendations?

No technical recommendations, but you might not want to drag your feet.

http://www.eff.org/deeplinks/archives/004106.php

Not only is the MPAA trying to resurrect the broadcast flag, but they
are also trying to fill the "analog hole" by putting restrictions on
devices which can convert analog media to digital.

--
Rick DeNatale

Visit the Project Mercury Wiki Site
http://www.mercuryspacecraft.com/