[TriLUG] vi(m) #1 of the top ten linux tools admins should know/have

Wing D Lizard wingedlizard at nc.rr.com
Wed Nov 2 14:33:18 EST 2005

It's like the remote control for your tv.

You still need to know how to turn the TV on and change the
channels using the console controls ( vi), just in case you
can't find the remote control ( emacs).

Sure you can do it, it's just a hassle.

Emacs makes life a lot easier, especially for developers.
Just being able to compile and go to errors on your source
code is a huge help.

b²