[TriLUG] vi(m) #1 of the top ten linux tools admins should know/have

Cristobal Palmer cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 16:38:29 EST 2005

It's not the answer--it's the defense of the answer.

If you say "Vi," and follow it up with a shrug and, "It's what I
learned," then $DEITY help you with the rest of your interview. Same
goes for emacs.

If you can present a clear, concise and powerful argument for using
emacs, then you shouldn't be rejected based on that choice. If you
are, then you didn't want to work there anyway. That said, I still
don't think you can safely claim total ignorance of vi, for reasons
eloquently expressed by Jon and others.

-CMP