[TriLUG] obsd 3.8 on laptop (wireless card with Raylink 2500 chipset)

Cristobal Palmer cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 18:18:30 EST 2005

I discovered that if I want to use my favorite distro, I need a 2.6.14
kernel and the latest rt2x00 beta to get wireless working on a Fujitsu
lifebook I've got. Since I'm leary of stepping that close to the edge,
I'm instead considering openBSD 3.8 (they've got a driver for the
Raylink 2500 series that they built from scratch).

On their laptop page (http://www.openbsd.org/i386-laptop.html), the
lifebook is listed as being compatible, but I'm wondering if anybody
has tried to get a Raylink card working with obsd. On the off chance
that there's a (1) obsd user who (2) has it on his laptop and (3) has
a Raylink-based 802.11g card, I thought I'd ask.

TIA,
CMP

--

Cristobal M. Palmer