[TriLUG] Westell DSL Verizon model gives dhcp address I don't want

Brian Henning brian at strutmasters.com
Mon Nov 7 10:19:04 EST 2005

One possible solution would be to look into setting your modem to Bridge
mode, and have it pass its public, routable IP directly to your
firewall's public interface.  That's my setup at home..  Unfortunately I
can't offer much advice about bridging the modem; mine came configured
as a bridge right from the start.

HTH,
~Brian