[TriLUG] Westell DSL Verizon model gives dhcp address I don't want

Greg Brown gwbrown1 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 13:18:31 EST 2005

Joe:

My wireless beach network worked the same way.  I had Sprint DSL and
they provided me with a model 645 DSL router.  The router was indeed
acting as a router taking the public IP from Sprint and assigning it
to the outside of it's own interface then using 192.168.1.x/24 as the
inside.  It took me a while but I managed to set the router up in
bridge mode thus assigning hte public IP directly to the outside
interface of my m0n0wall firewall.

In order to configure the device I googled for "router model name
bridge mode" and eventually I found what I was looking for.  What
model DSL router do you have?

Greg