[TriLUG] Clusters, performance, etc...

len boyle len.boyle at sas.com
Mon Nov 7 15:38:50 EST 2005

Mark you might want to look at the latest copy of Dr Dobbs. They have
several articles on Grid clusters.

I do not have direct experience with this, but as I understand things, if
you can change your application to split the jobs up into pieces that can be
handled in parallel it should help.
So if you have three files that take one hour each or 3 hours total, you
could have three machines handling 1 file each for a total time of 1 hour.

Or look at site www.ddj.com

len