[TriLUG] ioctl[SIOCSIWPMKSA]: No such device -- ndiswrapper, wpa_supplicant

Cristobal Palmer cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 23:32:17 EST 2005

You're using knoppix? How did you build the module? On debian and
(k)ubuntu boxen I've learned to use module-assistant to ease wireless
module-building pains.

Are you sure you have the right/most recent ndiswrapper?

I found mostly what you found with googling: people with similar
problems but no answers. That's pretty common with ndiswrapper. This
(http://lists.shmoo.com/pipermail/hostap/2005-March/009650.html) guy
seems to be having a very similar problem with a different broadcom
model.

Lastly, do you still have the receipt? (you said this was an adapter
and not an integrated wireless chipset, right?) If so, exchange it for
a card with an Atheros chipset. I have two boxen and a lappie all
working very happily (on two different networks with different base
station models) using the madwifi driver.
http://www.marlow.dk/site.php/tech/madwifi

Vote linux-friendly with your wallet.