[TriLUG] Linux vs Windows comparison criteria?

Kevin Flanagan kevin at flanagannc.net
Tue Nov 8 20:15:40 EST 2005

 From a business side, it used to be that execs would say that they
wanted a "throat to choke", IE: someone to sue if the app fell apart.  I
have heard that more and more are realizing that suing Microsoft is akin
to banging your head against the wall of a cave, not only does it hurt,
but you can't be heard screaming.

Although it's not the specifics that you are looking for, I would talk
about the control that you have with Linux distributions, you have the a
great deal of access to switches, knobs, etc.  The development cycle for
drivers, implementation of protocols etc is generally shorter on Linux.

Interoperability shouldn't be an issue, so long as you use stock network
  and Database interfaces.

Good luck,

	Kevin