[TriLUG] way WAY WAY OT: need some welding lessons

Greg Brown gwbrown1 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 15:38:15 EST 2005

Fee Ubuntu CDs to the transfer of knowledge in need.  There, it's Linux related.

Does anyone on this list know how to arc or mig weld?  I am in
constant need to fab antenna and camera mounts for the strangest
places and angles and my wood and cobbled metal mounts are horribly
unprofessional looking hence I'd like to fab my own.  But that
requires some welding, a skill I have not yet acquired.

I suppose I'd rather MIG weld (from what I've seen of it, I like that
sizzle sound) but I don't know if these set-ups are very portable.

Any takers on teaching me to weld small bits of metal to make mounts?

Greg