[TriLUG] No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

Brian Henning lugmail at cheetah.dynip.com
Sun Nov 13 23:03:00 EST 2005

Just a gotcha to be aware of with DirecWay: They cannot provide a
public-facing static IP.  Their equipment won't handle it at any service
level.  So if you're aiming to have something where the folks can log into a
website to view the camera feeds, etc., it'll have to be hosted somewhere so
the DirecWay-serviced location can upload images--you won't be able to
initiate an inbound connection from outside, period.

~B