[TriLUG] way WAY WAY OT: need some welding lessons

Chad Thomsen chad.thomsen at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 08:33:46 EST 2005

Totally agree with MIG welding. It is the way to go. I used to do it a bit,
and did not think it was that hard. The key to it is geeting your
heat/speed/feeds set correctly for the condition and the types of welding
you are doing and to have a very steady hand. Stick with MIG to start for
steel. I woudl advise you not to go down the aluminum road until you build
up alot of skills. It requires TIG welding and takes a much more steady hand
and much more skill. MIG is MUCH more forgiving then TIG. My advice would be
to look at taking a class at a community college or if you know somebody who
is skilled in it have them teach you.