[TriLUG] Job Posting: LAMP Programmer

Rich Davis rdavis at lulu.com
Mon Nov 14 16:27:17 EST 2005

Hello all,

The FAQ informs me that I won't have to endure the fires of purgatory
for posting a job to the list, so here goes.  We're looking for a strong
LAMP programmer with a good set of OO instincts and a mastery of
object-relational database design and querying.  We are a small, but
rapidly growing, company called Lulu.  You can learn a little more about
us at http://lulu.com/about if you'd like.

Lulu is a genuinely fun place to work where a premium is placed on the
free and open dissemination of intellectual property and respect for
said property rights.  It should come as no surprise that we chiefly
leverage open source technologies in our bid to reshape the marketplace
for intellectual property.  If you are interested in controlling your
own destiny as a programmer, i.e. conceiving, designing, implementing,
and maintaining your own creation,  please contact me at rdavis at lulu
dot com about the job posted below.

Thanks,

Rich

*Web Applications Programmer* *

Skills Keywords:* SQL, PHP, C++, Postgres, Relational Databases, OO
design, data warehousing, Java, Unix, Linux, payment gateway, merchant
account, ecommerce

*Location:* Morrisville, NC *

Job description:* We are searching for that special someone: A diligent,
meticulous programmer who can oversee the architecting, implementation,
and maintenance of the e-commerce subsystem for a site that is bursting
at the seams with increases in commercial traffic.

If you are interested in building from the ground up and participating
in the full lifecycle of creation, from inception to design to creation
to maintenance, Lulu is the place for you. Creativity and drive are
amply rewarded. We look forward to working with you to elevate our
financial reporting and ecommerce systems to the next level.

Contractors who are good at what they do and play nicely with others
will be hired on permanently!

You will be required to

--Create and improve a Web-based shopping cart that is capable of
handling large numbers of reliable transactions
--Develop data mining reports for marketing, sales, and operational
intelligence
--Integrate financial data with CRM
--Secure financial data from exploitation
--Develop use cases and functional requirements for software projects
--Write design documentation for development plans
--Take direction from management where appropriate in the development
lifecycle

You will need the following skills to succeed in this position:

--3-5 years experience with object-oriented Web applications development
--Experience with Extreme Programming or other agile methodologies
--Ability to configure and maintain your own Linux box
--Experience with a source control management system: CVS, Subversion,
Perforce, Rational Clearcase, PVCS, or Bitkeeper.

Bonus:

--1-2 years experience writing and maintaining ecommerce-capable
shopping carts
--2-3 years experience with data warehousing: construction and
optimization of SQL reports against large financial systems
--Experience with Oracle Financials or SAP Financials
--Experience developing Web-based commercial services APIs