The way we were (was Re: [TriLUG] No more Linux on WRT54G???)

Greg Brown gwbrown1 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 11:33:39 EST 2005

On 11/15/05, Mark Freeze <mfreeze at gmail.com> wrote:
> In the 80's I used to be a cobol programmer for Amsouth bank in
> Birmingham, AL.  I remember when we were first getting pc's and they
> gave me a 40MB drive to put in one of the boxes.  At the time I
> thought to myself "Man, 40MB!  We'll never fill this thing up!"
>
> Regards,
> Mark.

Oh man, I remember when my grandmother, an IBM retiree, got access to
one of those 5 meg "side slap-on" harddrives for her XT.  I couldn't
believe that she had 5 megs of storage!!  This was at the time when I
was running stuff of insertable cartridges in my PC Jr.

Oddly a friend next door got an apple.. with a color printer and the
ability to save data to cassette tapes.  I was quietly envious though
it took me all the way to OS X before even considering an Apple for
anything other then a door stop.

:)

Greg