[TriLUG] Tonight's RPM meeting -- find, find2perl, and File::Find

Brad Oaks bradoaks at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 14:03:09 EST 2005

Thursday, November 17, 2005 at 7:15 PM
RSVP-ing, even at the last minute, will help us choose the most
comfortable meeting room -- email bradoaks at gmail.com.

Tonight's meeting of Raleigh Perl Mongers will be at McClatchy
Interactive and will focus on File::Find, find2perl, and general use
of find with perl.  This topic should be of special interest to
SysAdmin and TechSupport types.

You can find a map and directions at http://raleigh.pm.org/

Given the lateness of deciding on the topic, it is unlikely we'll have
full slides prepared and may instead opt for more of a round table
format.  I've pulled a couple references to whet our appetites.

* Mark Fowler's Advent Calendar has a nice introduction[0] to File::Find::Rule

* File::Find::Rule[1] is a friendlier interface to File::Find[2]

* find2perl[3] is a little translator to convert find command lines to
equivalent Perl code. The resulting code is typically faster than
running find itself.

[0] http://www.perladvent.org/2002/11th/
[1] http://search.cpan.org/perldoc?File::Find
[2] http://search.cpan.org/perldoc?File::Find::Rule