[TriLUG] apache/mod_perl question

William Sutton william at trilug.org
Mon Nov 21 14:12:16 EST 2005

Follow-up...

I tried the following, which seems to follow the existing module pattern
in the conf file, and it seems to fail in a (better!?) way:

snippet:
-----
LoadModule mod_perl                      modules/mod_perl.so
PerlModule HTML::Mason::ApacheHandler
<Location />
    SetHandler perl-script
    PerlHandler HTML::Mason::ApacheHandler
</Location>

-----
configtest result:
-----
maul # /etc/init.d/apache2 configtest
 * Checking Apache Configuration ...
 * Apache2 has detected a syntax error in your configuration files:
Syntax error on line 1089 of /etc/apache2/httpd.conf:
Can't locate API module structure `mod_perl' in file
/usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_perl.so:
/usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_perl.so: undefined symbol: mod_p  [ !! ]

-----
result of searching the path for the module file:
-----

maul # find /usr/lib/apache* -name "mod_perl*.*" -print
/usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_perl.so
maul #

-----

so clearly the module is in the right place and named the right
thing....any ideas?

--
William Sutton